The PAC scenario remains a living document. It is a first comprehensive climate and energy roadmap for European policy-makers drafted by a broad range of civil society organisations. Yet, CAN Europe and the EEB know that many questions still need to be answered. We would therefore appreciate to continue this collective research exercise for Europe’s energy and climate future on the basis of the PAC Scenario, by collecting your comments and answers to the below questions.
1) Which are the most important and realistic drivers for implementing the phase-out of fossil gas as described in the PAC scenario? [name three]
2) What could be the incentives for shifting the limited potential of sustainably sourced solid biomass from inefficient individual heating towards a more efficient use in industry? [name three]
3) What are the conditions for making non-fossil gases and fuels accessible in the dedicated sectors in time? [name three]
4) To what extent and by when will the different flexibility options (storage technologies, electrolysers, demand response, flexible renewable and non-renewable generation, transmission and distribution networks) contribute to better matching energy demand and supply? [name three priorities]
5) What could be the pre-conditions which would go towards ensuring that the energy transition as described in the PAC scenario could be ensured in a suitable way? (e.g. in terms of raw materials use, minerals, biodiversity preservation, air/water/soil pollution...) [name three]
Using the form below, please leave a comment or a response to one (or more) of our above questions. In the latter case, please indiciate to which question your comment refers.